Tuesday, January 20

band recommendations - duo feature

Band: More Amor
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Album: More Amor
Label: Unsigned
Website: Myspace
Notes: I discovered this duo on a friends myspace and continued to listen to them for months before I realized that one of the members is Tom Oakes, formerly of the band 'The Higher'. Tom left 'The Higher' not too long ago and I am pleased to hear he is still making music because he is pretty talented. This band is fun and has extremely cute lyrics and sounds. 

Band: Scenes and Sirens
Location: Dallas, Texas
Album(s): The South Will Dance Again & Lost Lust, But Living.
Sounds Like: Rediscover, Danger:Radio
Website: Myspace
Notes: I found out about this duo on purevolume and I couldn't help but dance. Their songs are catchy, relatable and fun to move to.

Note-able CDs released today: n/a check back next week though :D

No comments:

Post a Comment