Tuesday, January 13

band recommendations of the week

Band: National Product
Location: Orange County, CA
Album: Luna
Label: None
Sounds Like: Madina Lake, Quietdrive, Lorene Drive
Website: Myspace
Notes: I cannot get enough of their album lately, it's incredible and if you like the two songs posted above you should defiantly check out their CD. 

Band: Ivoryline
Album: There Came a Lion 
Label: Tooth & Nail
Sounds Like: The Graduate, Signal the Escape, Just Surrender
Wesbite: Myspace
Notes: I found out about this band on purevolume.com.  I was just watching random music videos when I cam across their video for 'Hearts and Minds'. I was instantly hooked and I think you will be too.

Band: Empires
Location: Chicago, IL
Album: HOWL
Label: None
Website: Myspace
Notes: Not going to lie this band is probably my favorite band ever. They emerged on the scene in 2008 and blew my mind. If you like the songs up for download you can actually get their whole CD for free at weareempires.com. My grandpa even likes this band, which is weird because he likes no bands but I left their CD in my car and when he borrowed it to go somewhere he listened to the whole CD and then asked me for a copy. This band is going to do some big things, so stay tuned. 

Note-able CDs released today: zip, nada...eh, check back next week

1 comment:

  1. awesome! thanks for the link. am downloading the album. will let you know what i think. :D

    ReplyDelete